The Wish Granter by C.J. Redwine 5/5 stars.
I read this book over Spring Break. If you’re interested in looking at the other books I finished click here.
I have found the next Disney princess! Princess Arianna is the best princess I have ever read. Ever. Dubious? Let me tell you about her:
- She likes food. A lot. To the point that she’s referenced as curvy and even fat (not cool). She’s unashamed of how much she likes food which made me cheer for her!
- She’s crazy funny. Most of what she says is fabulous and I want to steal it for myself. Also, she’s awkward and lovely.
- She’s friendly. She treats everyone equally as a princess and makes friend with most unlikely people and she pretty much makes them be her friend because she can tell they need a friend.
- She’s freaking strong! She endures so much yet never lets it get the best of her. She gets knocked down numerous times in the book yet she always gets back up.
- She reads people so well. She can tell things about people, and she knows those she loves so well that she does things for them they don’t even know about but need her to do.
Here’s a quote from the book on how Arianna would describe herself:
“So what if she was curvier than was fashionable? She was also smart, confident, pretty, funny, loyal, and a lot of other excellent things that she couldn’t remember…”
Do you see why I love her so much! She’s the reason I give this book five stars. It’s a four-star book, but a five-star character. If she sounds remotely like someone you’d want to read about, trust me she’s worth it. C.J. Redwine outdid herself with this book.
I should mention that I didn’t love Shadow Queen. I gave it three stars. This is so much better and shares the same world with the Shadow Queen characters. This is a retelling of Rumplestiltskin, and you haven’t truly seen him until you’ve read this book.
The book is told from three POV. One is Sebastian who I absolutely love. His life has been very hard and Redwine did a fabulous job showing his vulnerability that’s hidden within him. He is one of the best-developed characters I have come across in a long time. He and Arianna are two amazing characters and I loved them so much!
Have any of you read this book? What did you think? Are you planning on reading it? Who’s your favorite Disney princess and why? Let me know in the comments!